1. Are there any exams, such as the GMAT or GRE, I need to complete before being accepted?
No. GMAT or GRE are optional.
2. When does the incoming semester start?
January 11th, 2021 for Spring and May 10th, 2021 for Summer and September 6th, 2021 for Fall.
3. How many hours a week do I need to commit?
While everyone’s learning process is different, we recommend 3 hours a week per course in addition to the 3 hours of in-class instruction.
4. Is there an emphasis or focus for the MBA?
There is no focus but expect a well rounded program with Digital Marketing, Database Management, and Financial Management courses. It is Virscend University’s aim to eventually offer 3 concentrations.
5. When will the school receive accreditation?
As in agreement with the Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education of California, Virscend University must achieve accreditation candiday or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by Novermber 1st, 2019 and acheive full accreditation by November 18th, 2021. As of June 4th, 2019 Virscend University has met its first deadline.
6. Am I also able to apply for financial aid? Even if the school is not accredited?
Currently, Virscend University does not offer federally funded financial aid, however, all qualified applicants receive our in-house scholarships while the university is in the process of obtaining accreditation from WSCUC. See below for scholarship information.
Presidential Scholarship: University waives 100% of tuition
Academic Scholarship: University waives 75% of tuition
Professional Scholarship: University waives 50% tuition
7. Does the scholarship cover books and materials as well?
The scholarship covers up to 100% of the tuition excluding books and registration and activity fees. Books are subject to the instructor’s syllabus. Registration and Student Activity fee is currently set at $470 for each semester.